Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Conception and Initial Thoughts of Repression

Hello to whoever has the time to read this blog.  As one can tell by the website name, I am creating a film opening for a film that I'm calling Repression.

 Depressing, right?

That's the point. But title is subject to change.

Here's the thing. I am lucky. Most of my peers are going to have to deal with coming up with an idea, which can be the hardest part of this entire project. Where do I go? What do I do? How am I going to do this? Writer's block, holy crap!

I, on the other hand, have been kicking around this idea for a film opening for over a year now, long before I've ever heard of this project. It was back in my tenth grade English class, trying to impress my English teacher, Ms. Hendricks. I've always loved movies, but she opened my eyes on how movies got made and all the work that people put into these things.

So one day, she handed me a flyer for some young filmmakers program and asked if I wanted to do it. I accepted and the way to get accepted in the program was to shoot and submit a short film. And this is where 90% of the film opening came from.  Just me kicking around ideas.

I've never gotten around to shooting the opening because the rest of the short was, honestly, garbage. But that's fine, as I've learned more and more about the art of filmmaking I can finally realize this idea that has been in my head for a little less than a year and put it to rest. And that feels really fulfilling.

That is until I start actually start production, post-production, and reshoots. By then you'll see me chain smoking with stubs of finger nails left over from constant bitting. I'll either lose five pounds or gain five pounds. I'll have a Hugh Glass-type look and white-heads ready to pop.  Stressing out already.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Your project is clearly very detailed. It seems like you have done all the right research, and are thinking intensely about the choices for your film opening. I like that you have had this idea for so long and that it was inspired by your teacher (I love Ms. Hendricks!) My two critics are that I think you need to add pictures, and maybe add a highlight of color somewhere in your blog format so it isn't to mundane to look at.

    ReplyDelete