Friday, April 1, 2016

Ground Control to Major Tom*


I still have so many things to do. I have to finish making my steadicam, find an actor, block the shot, light it correctly, and actually shoot the thing. A lot of things to do, but thankfully I don't have much post-production work on it, just sound and maybe color correction. I know nothing about color correction. Maybe strike that one off, or I can find someone to do it for me.

I still have nine days, but will be gone for four of those days. I will be off to Houston to watch the NCAA Final Four with my dad, while make my younger brother jealous that he isn't coming in the process. Now, I know what your thinking. However, spending time with my father is more important to me than doing a project (that I am still really passionate about). I am still confident I have enough time to get the rest of the things done on time. My mom is assembling the rest of the parts for the steadicam and now the fake blood.

Actors I am still stuck. Part of me says, "It would be so easy if you just acted in it", and I could do that. However, I am more comfortable behind the camera, and then I would need to teach someone to do the camera work and I don't trust anyone else to do that. The other half of me is to have my brother do it, but I can't ask him to do something he's never done before. So that will need to be figured out in the coming days.

There will be a lot of post in the next week, as this is my number one priority, school wise.

Until next time.

*This is referring to David Bowie's "Space Oddity" if you didn't get the reference.



<OfficialDavidBowie. "David Bowie – Space Oddity [OFFICIAL VIDEO]." YouTube. YouTube, 09 July 2015. Web. 10 Apr. 2016.>


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jacob,
    I really like the name for your film, Repression, and the fact that you're really passionate about what you're doing.I had Mrs. Hendrick's as well, and by knowing her, she would definitely encourage you to pursue a goal. I would recommend you to post pictures to keep us updated and have some vlogs as well. That way, the audience could be " there with you" throughout the process. Overall, I'm really excited for your film opening.

    ReplyDelete