Friday, April 1, 2016

Blood

Blood, fake blood that is, is a very important for my scene. It introduces a mystery to the audience about our main character, and I think that will be the hook of the entire opening. So a lot is riding on the fake blood recipe I choose. I don't want it to look to "red" because in that case it looks fresh, and my blood needs to be darker. It needs to be darker because he got the blood on his hands before he got in the car and drove home, so it shouldn't be too fresh. It also can't be too dark, because then it would look off.

Another problem is when the blood interacts with the skin. Earlier this year I had to make a PSA in AICE Lang. I made fake blood which looked really good in a bowl, on the pavement, but horrible on the skin. It looked really fake, and I can't let that happen.
I''ve been looking on the internet for recipes, and there is way too many recipes. Like an unhealthy amount of them. It's actually frightening. The best one for skin that I'm going to use is from trinaisartisty.com , which is also a "Blogger" blog. Ironic.

This has the best looking recipe for skin, and while I won't be using it on the face (like they did), I think it will work. I'm going to use the recipe thirty minutes before shoot, apply to the actor's hands, knife, and we're good on that front.

Until Next Time.

<Lyn, Trina. "Trina Is Artsy Fartsy: Fake Blood Recipe and Halloween Makeup Tips!" Trina Is Artsy Fartsy: Fake Blood Recipe and Halloween Makeup Tips! Blogger.com, 27 Oct. 2011. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.>

No comments:

Post a Comment